EXPERIENCED, LICENSED AND LOOKING FOR A COMPANY THAT RECOGNIZES YOUR VALUE? You are looking at the right company in Penske!
We have industry leading trucks, technology, tools, and experts in the vehicle maintenance industry committed to helping you develop your career with OEM training. If you are Dynamic, Motivated and Ready to live a unique opportunity, WE WANT YOU!
A Penske Technician I will diagnose, overhaul, adjust, and repair all series of motor truck and trailer equipment. This position demands a specialist in the field that will perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner. Other exciting projects and tasks may be assigned by supervisor.
We Offer You:
- Modern and clean work environment
- Industry leading technology and tools
- Competitive salary
- Attractive shift premiums
- New equipment and technology from variety of suppliers/dealerships
- RRSP program with company match
- Affordable health & dental benefit package
- Free uniforms and laundry service
- Tool and boots allowance
- Vacation time + 11 paid statutory holidays + paid sick days
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive technical and professional training
- Opportunity for advancement throughout the company
- Partner’s discounts
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brake, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Shift: Tuesday to Saturday 5:30am- 2:00pm