Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for nearly half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst II to join the MSA Information Management Solutions (IMS) division which has been offering data and insight solutions to the Consumer Package Goods industry since the early 1980s.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of QA methodologies, strong problem solving and information gathering skills, and have experience designing, developing, and executing test strategies and test plans in a large-scale data warehouse environment. This position provides active participation in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
* Develops and executes test plans, test cases and test suites
* Hold reviews of all test case work and test scripts with the team and solicits comments to ensure test coverage and technical accuracy
* Diagnoses severity of problems and take an active role in problem resolution
* Develop domain expertise and actively participate in functional and technical specification reviews to provide testability input
* Configure and manage test environments for software under test
* Collaborate with Project Management, Development, Testing and Quality Assurance to ensure quality throughout the product life-cycle, including reviewing specifications, developing schedules, and resolving issues
* Requires a four-year degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Science and Technology or equivalent experience
* A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Science and Technology or a related discipline may substitute for one year of experience
* Minimum four years of work experience in SQA testing and analysis
* Experience with Data Warehousing and large scale RDBMS (Oracle)
* Excellent hands on knowledge of SQL with ability to write complicated queries for validating complex ETL and batch processing applications
* Command line experience in Linux/Unix and Windows environments
* Experience with all types of testing: Functional, System, Integration, Regression, Exploratory, Negative, etc.
* Ability to write QA documentation and summarize findings
* Excellent communication skills
* Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
* Knowledgeable of industry standards and trends