Director - IS Program Management Office
WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Here at WakeMed, the Director Information Service Program Management Office (PMO) is responsible for ensuring best demonstrated practices are defined and being actively practiced in the delivery of technology products and services and is institutionalized through the definition and execution of a standard project management methodology (PMM). This position will be responsible for managing the vision of the methodology, directing all enhancement activities to the methodology tool and managing the development of a central repository for project documentation. This position will develop and maintenance of a WakeMed IS application portfolio. This central repository will be a single source of reference for all project documentation for IT and Business Clients. This position will be a subject-matter expert on the methodology. This position will provide the leadership and vision required to manage the I.S. PMO, creating a flexible project management culture that achieves the successful completion of system-wide Information Technology projects and programs. This position is responsible for oversight and management of the evaluation, selection, implementation resourcing, and delivery of information technologies initiatives per the governance principles, practices and direction of the WakeMed IS Planning and Acquisition Committee working in conjunction with / under direction of the IS Governance Committee. By partnering with the committees and other WakeMed leadership, the IS Director Information Service Project Management Office will participate in defining, prioritizing and developing projects and programs in line with the WakeMed strategic priorities, leveraging existing applications and resources where feasible, always striving for best practice solutions. This position's primary objective in directing the PMO is to provide the strategic leadership and framework to all levels of IS Sr. Management to drive overall success of the company's strategic business objectives through successful execution of IS initiatives. In cooperation with Senior IS Management, the position is responsible for helping achieve major goals and project objectives that support IS business plans and objectives.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience leading a program management office, managing IS portfolios, and IS operational and capital project budgets in a healthcare setting required.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in formal project management required. Expertise in healthcare strategic planning, clinical system implementation, clinical integration, IT strategy, change management, process improvement, and progressive project and process management in a dynamic healthcare setting required.
- MBA, MPH, MHA, MS or related degree required.
- PMP Certification required. Lean Six Sigma Facilitator and Green Belt Certifications preferred.
- Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Weekend requirements as needed
- Call requirements as needed
WakeMed is headquartered in Raleigh, NC, which is ranked nationally as one of the top ten best places to live for quality of life, and is located just two hours from the beach or three from the mountains. The area has been named one of the fastest growing areas in the country and is located just minutes from the famous Research Triangle Park.
For more information and to apply, please visit us online at jobs.wakemed.org and reference job ID: 23006. EOE