OPENING DATE: 01/05/17
CLOSING DATE: 02/16/17 11:59 PM
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, a six-time National Recreation and Parks Association Gold Medal Award Winner, is seeking an Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Program Manager for the Montgomery County Department of Parks. The Department serves a diverse population of over one million residents by managing 418 parks on approximately 37,000 acres of parkland. This position reports directly to the Management Services Division Chief and is responsible for the administration of the Department's EAM system, an asset management, inventory, and work order system. The system allows parks management to track and report time and material spent by staff on routine preventative maintenance, service requests, major maintenance projects, capital improvement projects, park events and other direct and indirect work relating to park infrastructure and work programs. This position entails complex management work involving considerable responsibility and latitude. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to create data-driven processes around park operations and maintenance programs. The position must also demonstrate excellent writing skills with the ability to communicate to stakeholders about technology with the understanding that stakeholders are not themselves technologists.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT DUTIES:
- Create a vision, goals, performance measures, and a multi-year plan for the Department's Enterprise Asset Management System.
- Collaborate with Department maintenance and administration units to receive feedback, capture requirements, and configure the EAM to reflect relevant business processes.
- Help cultivate an environment that increasingly relies on data analytics to support operational, managerial, and budget decisions.
- Create business practices to ensure data integrity.
- Manage more than one million dollars of contractual funding and a professional career staff of three IT professionals.
- Coordinate all aspects of vendor software installations; and upgrades; monitor third-party vendor service agreements and contractual work items.
- Create and manage multiple, concurrent projects using project plans and schedules with several dependencies and resources.
- Manage integration with other agency systems and determine feasibility and viability of integrating with additional systems.
- Present EAM project updates to senior management and IT Council.
- Lead demonstrations, present system functionality to management, and train staff on the system.
- Bachelor's degree or four years experience in park or public administration, landscape architecture, or natural sciences; and
- Four years varied park administration/management experience that included two years of supervisory park administration experience that relates to functional area of assignment (e.g., park enterprise, interpretation and conservation, horticulture and forestry, maintenance and development, or engineering/architecture/landscape architecture); or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver's license or the ability to acquire one.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Experience with Infor EAM or similar EAM software.
- Knowledge of maintenance and facility operations, including operational efficiencies and best practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project (or other project management software) and Microsoft Visio (or other workflow software).
- Experience preparing complex technical reports and analyses.
- Experience understanding major programming languages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
An Equal Opportunity Employer