Experience Exciting Projects with a Career at Babcock
Babcock Canada provides critical and complex support to strategically important assets, infrastructure and training programs primarily in the defence and security environments. We are currently engaged in the provision of In-Service Support (ISS) solutions for surface and subsurface marine fleets, including the delivery of comprehensive ISS to Canada’s Victoria Class submarine fleet.
We are a Canadian ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 registered company employing approximately 380 personnel at locations in Halifax, Ottawa, and Victoria. We are trusted to deliver a wide range of services including Program Management, Materiel and Logistic Support, Systems Engineering, Configuration Management and Records Support, Maintenance and Refits, and Information and Knowledge Management.
At Babcock, you’ll experience what it is like to work on and support epic projects:
From managing the deep overhaul of a submarine’s more than 200 complex systems to refitting and upgrading massive, 11,000 tonne arctic icebreakers, to supporting naval and commercial surface vessels. These are just some of the complex projects that Babcock thrives on.
Our parent company, Babcock International Group PLC, is a leading global Engineering Support Services organisation that employs over 34,000 skilled personnel across six continents.
We are currently recruiting for three Project Managers based in our Victoria, BC and Ottawa, ON offices. These are permanent, full-time (37.5 hours/week) positions. The successful candidates will report directly to the Victoria In-Service Support Contract Program Manager (VISSC PM) and/or the External Communications Program Manager.
The principal tasks and responsibilities entail:
- Prepare, produce and manage detailed plans to ensure that the projects are delivered to time, cost, quality and maximizing the project’s cash flow and profitability on behalf of Babcock Canada Inc.
- Coordinate and manage internal and external resources to enable the requirements to be executed
- Set performance targets and project team objectives to ensure that the overall requirements of the project are achieved
- Manage the development of sub-contracts in support of the assigned projects
- Maintain close links with the sub-contractor management teams to identify opportunities, mitigate risks and maximize profit opportunities
- Ensure that due cognisance of other work streams not directly under the control of the Project Manager (PM) are taken into account in the delivery of the system
- Maintain close client relations, providing technical and management support in the resolution of key issues in order that amicable understandings of the client’s requirements are achieved
- Manage and control the Design Change process to ensure that engineering change requests are raised when requested/agreed
- Maintain a clear understanding of the original contract, amendments and changes
- Maintain close interface regimes with production and support groups (Technical, Supply Chain & Change Management) ensuring their scheduling and priorities meet the requirements of the project
- Ensure compliance with all working practices is maintained at all times within the project, paying particular attention to corporate procedures, safety standards, and local project specific procedures as necessary
- Ensure all Quality and Health & Safety standards are maintained and communicate Health and Safety issues as required
- Other duties as deemed necessary and reasonable