About 412 Food Rescue
412 Food Rescue is a direct response to the disconnect between the fact that we waste 40% of our food while 1 in 6 go hungry. Through a network of dedicated volunteers, 412 Food Rescue collects surplus food that might otherwise be thrown away and delivers it immediately to organizations that serve those who are food insecure. These healthy meals go to hungry people in shelters, schools, housing projects, and other programs and kitchens who serve or distribute food to those in need. Through our technology, 412 Food Rescue facilitates rapid response that helps bridge the gap between supply and demand. Piloting in Allegheny County, 412 Food Rescue aims to expand its model across urban centers nationally.
Ready to be inspired everyday? Join our growing team! This is a unique opportunity to shape a social enterprise that merges technology and social good to tackle one of the most important food issues today.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of Phase 2 of 412 Food Rescue’s technology development—from business process definition through closure. The Project Manager will be expected to manage a project involving multiple technology and business teams as well as personnel from multiple locations. The scope of the project includes native mobile applications, a web application and the API/backend.
The Project Manager is responsible for coordination and completion of assigned projects and to this end will perform a variety of tasks including setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, tracking resource loading and monitoring and summarizing progress of the projects including expenditures.
This role will enable 412 Food Rescue to scale from delivering 1 million pounds of food per year to 2+ million pounds of food per year. This job will directly result in more food delivered to the hungry.
The key duties and responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Work with 412 Food Rescue Technology Board to achieve the Program objectives.
- Acquire understanding of the 412 Food Rescue business model and technology objectives.
- Work with business and technical organizations to drive out program strategy and approach. Organizes, plans, and maintains Program roadmap consisting of cross-functional activities/projects.
- Creation and maintenance of a detailed project plan incorporating all aspects related to the planning, definition, development, testing and release of defined functionality.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on project status inclusive of scope, schedule, budget and alignment to strategic goals.
- Responsible for planning the project in order to accomplish goals within a defined schedule, cost, material resources, personnel resources, and quality standards
- Project Tracking – ensure that all necessary project deliverables and phase gates are being met.
- Effectively communicate status of the project for management and all stakeholders including: project plans, risk analysis and mitigation, status updates, and post-project reports.
- Deliver reports and presentations of project status to effectively communicate throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain positive technology team relationships.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- One (1) to four (4) years experience in a project manager role for application development projects and/or in a project leadership role for same
- Solid organizational and planning skills
- Experience with an industry standard software development lifecycle
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- PMP certification or equivalent training
- Solid leadership skills
- Team building skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with client relationship management
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Experience with risk mitigation planning
This position will be filled on contract/project basis and requires a part-time commitment. Candidates will be asked to estimate time/cost based on project scope, initial projection for project timeline is 6 months.