At Flagship Biosciences, we are dedicated to improving the health of patients everywhere by pioneering the most advanced tissue image analysis, clinical support, and diagnostic services that help pharmaceutical companies develop the solutions to treat, manage, and cure the world’s most challenging medical conditions. Our success begins with our distinguished team members.
If you are enthusiastic about changing lives through enabling better precision medicine, and enjoy a challenging, fast paced environment, we have a place for you at Flagship. We are most successful when we enable all of our employees to reach their full potential and apply their talents towards solving some of the most challenging problems in medicine today.
The Group Leader, Clinical Project Management, under minimal direct supervision, leads a small group of Project Managers and Coordinators and has primary responsibility for defining, planning, tracking and managing their own projects. The individual in this position will ensure the Clinical Project Management (PM) team is delivering sustained excellence for the Program Development organization by establishing the strategic priorities for the PM group. The Group Leader will identify key resources and provide direction to meet PM objectives, and ensure the team’s appropriate management, and supplier involvement, as appropriate.
The position requires a highly-motivated individual with outstanding customer and presentation skills and the ability to work within Flagship’s team-based environment, as well as lead a small group of Project Managers and Coordinators. The Group Leader will be part of the Leadership team for the Science group as well as partner closely with Functional Managers in Account Management, Pathology, and Operations in delivering tactical improvements for the Science Team and Flagship in general.
Job Classification – Full time, exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Program Development
***PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR WEBSITE. Copy and paste this link into your browser: www.flagshipbio.com/careers
In This Role You Will:
- Ensure assigned projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Confirm project resources and allocation in collaboration with Functional Managers
- Monitor internal resources for execution of assigned projects
- Act as liaison between internal and external stakeholders during project fulfillment
- Mitigate project risks and create contingencies, as appropriate
- Maintain relationships with third parties/vendors, as appropriate
- Create and maintain project documentation per quality standards
- Implement project plan and document project activities
- Manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs
- Measure and communicate project performance
- Escalate project issues to Functional Management when needed
- Contribute to Functional and Program Development Management Team objectives
- Align Project Management group objectives to company strategic priorities
- Manage assignments for project coordinator and managers
- Recruit, train, and develop project coordinator and managers
- Plan, monitor, and appraise individual employee job results
- Implement and enforce policies and procedures; resolve operational problems
- Control expenses by submitting budget information and monitoring variances
- Deliver quality service by monitoring client feedback and enforcing service standards