Since 1955, millions of investors in the United States and around the globe have relied on Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE: FII) for world-class investment management. Federated has grown to become one of the nation's largest investment managers with $364 billion in assets under management.
Federated has honed its disciplined investment process over a half-century to deliver style-consistent investment products, including 123 domestic and international equity, fixed-income and money market funds, as well as a variety of separately managed accounts. Federated's diversified product line is distributed through more than 8,400 financial intermediaries and institutions who assist investors in meeting their unique objectives. For additional information about Federated Investors visit FederatedInvestors.com.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 6926
POSITION TITLE: BUSINESS ANALYST
DEPARTMENT: BISD-IMS BUSINESS ANALYSIS – INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or equivalent experience required
- Four to eight years systems analysis experience required
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities within an IT organization required
- Experience working with relational databases writing Structured Query Language (SQL) required
- Experience working with MS Windows based applications required
- Ability to drive meetings with technical or business audiences and present ideas to project teams required
- Three or more years of experience with either mutual funds, securities, financial accounting and/or industry-standard Investment Book of Record (IBOR) preferred
- Experience with Corporate Actions systems or Reconciliation systems preferred
- Experience with Business Intelligence and/or Data Warehousing tools preferred
- Solve business problems by performing business analysis, preparing requirements specifications and/or designs, providing project management, and testing for relevant business process modifications, applications, and/or reporting enhancements.
- Work collaboratively with the business unit (Investment Management Operations) to define business objectives and requirements and provide consultative support as needed regarding applications and business processes.
- Evaluate business needs, recommending best fit solutions such as purchasing third-party software, integrating multiple software applications or repairing current applications. This includes configuring and testing the IBOR tools and environment, as well as the operational integration between IBOR and other existing key Investment Management Systems.
- Initiate and coordinate communication with BISD and business staff and management as required to facilitate the most effective and efficient solution to a problem
- Work with technical and development staff to conduct unit, system, and user acceptance testing. This includes developing and publishing test specifications, preparing test data, and creating user acceptance testing documents.
- Determine and prepare estimates for completion of assigned tasks
- Prepare business and functional requirements documents and all other required documentation as outlined in Federated's Software Development Lifecycle Process.
- Provide hands-on support and training, as needed, to the Operations staff.
- Mentor other business analysts and provide guidance to the team
- 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (over time as required)
- Federated Investors Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Well-organized with the ability to work independently while still being a team player
Federated Investors, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
For consideration, go to
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.