| POSITION DETAILSThe Office of the University Controller oversees five key financial programs for the University: Accounting and Financial Reporting, Treasury and Cash Management, Investments, Procurement and Information Technology Support, and is responsible for managing the financial and business matters for the University.The University Financial Systems Specialist performs financial accounting data and system analysis, reporting, reconciliation administration and enhancement supporting all student cash management, accounts payable, and related student administration activities and transactions of the Campus Solutions modules of the CUNYfirst ERP system. Also, the Specialist serves as a key liaison with University and campus based finance, budget, accounting, bursar, financial aid, and information technology development department staff members. The position reports to the Director of Revenue Management.Other key duties will include but not be limited to the following:|
* Create and participate in designing reports that provide control and transparency of the transactions from the various PeopleSoft Oracle applications (i.e. Campus Solutions - Student Financials, Human Capital Management, Accounts Payable, etc.) that post Tuition & Fee transactions to the CUNYfirst General Ledger.
* Analyze the control and error resolution reports to ensure the accuracy of transactions recorded by the colleges processed through the various PeopleSoft Oracle applications that post Tuition & Fee transactions to CUNYfirst General Ledger.
* Update and maintain the Campus Solutions - Student Financials Item Type master file which is vital to proper accounting and billing of the students financial obligations and general ledger reporting and accurate mapping and interfacing between the two systems.
* Coordinate CUNYfirst related meetings and projects between the University and college campus-based departments of Student Financials and Financial Aid.
* Assess current CUNYfirst accounting practices and policies and recommend best solutions and strategies for implementation across the University.
* Advise management on recent trends pertinent to new initiatives as well as projected business risks and opportunities.
* May create, analyze, and distribute monthly, quarterly, year-end and ad hoc financial reports.
* May participate in developing and conducting training sessions for college staff members.
* May train and supervise full- and part-time professional and administrative support staff.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* MBA or other advanced degree in a related business field and CPA certification strongly preferred.
* Four (4) years of finance, financial system analysis and reporting, public accounting, and/or auditing experience in a college bursar, finance, controller, or business office operations strongly preferred.
* Experience with a PeopleSoft ERP implementation, particularly with financial system conversions and data warehousing.
* Solid knowledge of business practices, workflow analysis, and business systems design related to IT, finance, and accounting business process re-engineering activities.
* Strong technology aptitude using accounting, general ledger, and online financial systems as well as proficiency using standard office computer programs, applications, databases, and spreadsheets.
* Detail oriented with excellent writing, analytical, evaluative, and organizational skills plus strong presentation, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively with diverse internal and external stakeholders and constituents of various levels in a time-sensitive, dynamic, and customer responsive office.CUNY TITLE OVERVIEWCoordinates financial matters related to finance and accounting systems on a University-wide basis.
* Working with systems personnel, management, and college personnel, assists with evaluating and documenting business requirements for financial systems
* Monitors and maintains financial systems' business processes, activities, and reporting
* Maintains mapping and coding of entities in financial systems, assuring consistency between systems, programs, and modules
* Develops and analyzes reports to reconcile General Ledger, Financial Aid, Student Financial, and other systems
* Audits data and system processes; reports inconsistencies and develops appropriate responses
* Keeps management apprised of systems developments and issues
* Performs related duties as assigned.CUNY TITLEHigher Education AssistantFLSAExemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYSubmit a cover letter
* and résumé as ONE DOCUMENT in the RESUME FIELD.*Your cover letter must specifically describe your qualifications and work experience as directly related to the essential campus specific and general duties of this position.Current CUNYfirst system users should access their established accounts. New users should click on the appropriate link to register for an account.CLOSING DATEOpen until filled, review begins January 9, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Central Office*Job Title:
* University Financial Systems Specialist - Campus Solutions (Controller's Office)*Job ID:
* 16184*Full/Part Time: