This position is accountable for the FA Technical Services group and is responsible for contributing positively to the continuous growth in revenue and profitability for Systems and Services into the FA market segment, inclusive of all sales channels/clusters seen as appropriate to this goal.
The incumbent is responsible for the FA Customer Project Management (CPM) Pre department and the FA Solutions Application Engineering department that form FA Technical Services. The position is responsible to support the FA sales management and teams in planning and executing systems and service sales across all FA channels to ensure the highest level of budget accomplishment (revenue and expenses). This is done through leadership and coordinating the activities of direct reports which may include a combination Customer Project Managers and Technical Managers, while working closely with Sales cluster manager, other channel mangers, the management of the RCC, the management of LTS and SICK Inc. Management.
This position is also responsible for pre-sale processes and post-sale process support for SICK systems solutions. This includes focused support of proposal generation and project tracking throughout a project lifecycle. This position reports to the Head of Factory Automation, and may be a member of an FA management board, along with the Leader of FA Sales and other named persons.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the team of direct reports to support the FA Sales channels in attaining and exceeding annual order, revenue and profit goals utilizing SICK management tools and processes associated with CPM, System and Service sales.
- Responsible for the CPM Pre Process inside the FA Sales Organization. This includes improvements to the process and enforcement of utilization of the process.
- Develop the technical and commercial solutions for full project scope; including installation planning with project specific special requirements to fulfill the project scope.
- Responsible for the Solutions Application Engineering function inside of FA Technical Services; including standard solution onboarding and 2nd level technical support.
- Responsible for the technical and commercial solution management of full project scope; including installation estimation with the project or other project specific special requirements to fulfill project scope.
- Responsible for forecasting support of orders, revenue and resources (material and personal); supporting FA Sales Management, the RCC, Purchasing, and LTS.
- Responsible for the FA System Demo process; which includes obtaining necessary approvals and managing the work flow with the other supporting functional groups.
- Responsible for management of special pricing requests as required when associated with Systems or Service Sales in the FA market space. This includes coordination with accounting, procurement and FA sales management, providing visibility and necessary information to the supporting functions.
- Responsible for department reporting of KPI’s, CPM/Demo project tracking and to support project analysis needs of the company in general.
- Contribution the FA mid-term planning as well as QBR and other FA planning meetings as determined
- Determine future hiring needs and organizational changes as needed.
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate CSC’s and other groups in SICK AG. Participate in industry specific SICK group activities and meetings, present and advocate for US customers and the US organization.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Sales Leaders and also North America RPC/RCC organizations, work collaboratively with these organizations to address customer needs.
- Interface and collaborate openly with international subsidiaries to: coordinate system and service sales processes as they relate to CPM, Demo processes and Solution Application Engineering.
- Assist the FA Sales Management team(s) in establishing and maintaining a sales budget; achieve gross margin goals by managing discount levels within the limits of authority provided.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customers to drive performance and to assess the effectiveness of the company strategies.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide accurate and timely system and service reports; present to executive management as appropriate.
- Lead regular staff meetings to discuss group accomplishments, issues and concerns, company/business changes and/or process improvements.
- Communicate escalated Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Customer Service issues with other management and staff for timely resolution.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Co-ownership of S&OP process for the FA market space.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Four-year degree with either an academic or experiential orientation toward project management and sales or significant relevant work experience.
- An advanced degree is a plus.
- Experience in creating, improving and managing usage of system project related processes.
- 5-7 years of experience in customer project management or the sales of systems and services; preferred in factory automation.
- Demonstrated coaching and leadership skills in a multi-channel sales organization with proven, positive results required.
Job Specific Abilities:
- Excellent management and communication skills with the ability to influence win probabilities via adding in sales strategies with technical solution knowledge.
- Excellent closing, strategic thinking, and negotiation skills with the ability to directly support and help close major projects.
- Contract, legal and project controlling experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects (internal and externally oriented).
- Productivity software (MS Access, MS Excel, etc.) skills and experience
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft, Lotus Notes and internet applications.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
Other Physical Requirements
- Computer monitor more than 4 hours a day
- Travel up to 25% of the calendar work year
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we’re the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V