Lead Data Warehouse Developer
Brown University Computing and Information Services
Providence, Rhode Island
The Lead Data Warehouse Developer will join an existing business intelligence team in this newly created position. Brown has an extensive BI infrastructure that includes IBM Cognos BI and Tableau Server, but we do not have an enterprise data warehouse. We’d like to develop a well-integrated, robust, forward-looking data environment that will be able to expand and adapt to support Brown’s needs far into the future. This position presents an opportunity to engage in interesting, challenging work and significantly influence the direction of Brown’s BI program.
The successful candidate will be a well-rounded individual; in addition to having extensive DW design and development experience, you must be able to strategize, communicate, teach, and mentor effectively. The individual hired to fill this position will help develop our strategy/approach, lead the design and development of the technical solution, and train and mentor other developers in the use of data warehousing tools and methodologies.
Visit our website (http://www.brown.edu/cis/data-science ) to find out more about our team and our work.
The successful candidate will possess the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Extensive experience in technical roles of increasing responsibility, with at least five years’ experience in a technology leadership role mentoring and supervising other developers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral); ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse set of colleagues and end users having varied levels of technical proficiency.
- Skill in forming and presenting technology infrastructure recommendations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in requirements gathering.
- Experience designing and building scalable data warehouse solutions.
- Extensive hands-on experience with at least one major enterprise data integration tool, such as Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle Data Integrator, or IBM InfoSphere DataStage.
- Extensive logical and physical data modeling experience.
- Extensive experience with Oracle databases.
- Ability to write efficient and complex SQL.
- Hands-on experience with at least one major BI platform as well as familiarity with emerging data analytics tools.
- A proactive, analytical bent, with creative and resourceful problem solving ability.
- Strong intrinsic motivation; ability to define and execute own tasks under aggressive project schedule.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies? excellent collaboration skills? ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with a high level of personal initiative.
- Experience working in a higher education environment (strongly preferred but not required).
This is a 2 year fixed-term staff position, with the possibility of promotion to a permanent staff position contingent upon available funding.
To View More Details and To Apply, please use this link to the position on Brown’s Career Site:
Candidates must submit both their cover letter and their resume to be considered for the Lead Data Warehouse Developer position. Applicants are required to use the Brown Career Site to apply for the position and to submit their resume, cover letter and any related documents. Please check the status of your application through the account you create when you apply.
Please regard your application materials as an opportunity to demonstrate your excellent communication and presentation skills.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
About Brown (Please visit our website and get to know us better at: www.brown.edu)
Brown University is an Ivy League university with a stunning campus in the heart of downtown Providence, Rhode Island. Brown offers competitive benefits through a generous retirement plan, an employee education program, and a tuition aid program for employees’ dependents.
Working at Brown, you’ll be part of a dynamic campus community, with access to the kind of exciting events that regularly happen on Ivy League campuses, from visits of world leaders and world class sporting events to theatre, music, and dance.
Providence is a charming, livable city in a great location, with beautiful seasons, wonderful restaurants, plentiful farmers’ markets, a vibrant arts scene, and easy access to beaches. The “big city” is close by—it’s a short hop to Boston and not far to New York. When you’re interested in a more peaceful destination, there’s plenty to choose from—Mount Washington in New Hampshire, Acadia National Park in Maine, The Adirondacks, and much more. Providence regularly appears on “best of” lists, including best pizzas, coffee cities, cities for commuters, cities for foodies, America’s favorite cities. Rhode Island offers quality of life and a ton of personality.