| DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW |
With a staff of 20 architects, interior designers and other construction and administrative professionals, this office provides professional planning and construction management for the campuses and System Administration for all major renovation and construction projects.
These responsibilities range from initial project development through programming, design, construction and commissioning. Working closely with the administration, faculty, staff and students, the System Facilities Design and Construction Office implements the highest standards in design, particularly focusing on high-performance, efficient, and sustainable facilities.
The System Facilities Design & Construction Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Associate Director of Construction to join our team.
This is administrative and technical work providing coordination and oversight of the inspection of new construction, renovation, and remodeling projects for the University of North Texas System. The employee serves as a technical representative to verify that assigned projects are constructed according to the appropriate plans and specifications per applicable building codes. This class of employee will also review drawings and specifications prepared by consultants. Supervision is to be provided by the Associate Vice Chancellor for Facilities Design & Construction. This employee will supervise four (4) construction managers.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Oversees and supervises the Construction Managers assigned to each building project.
* Reviews and becomes completely familiar with all contract documents, including Uniform General Conditions (UGCs) and Supplementary General Conditions (SGCs), to ensure contractor compliance with documents.
* Develops and maintains construction procedures.
* Manages and monitors project development to ensure meeting project goals, University standards and compliance with national, state and municipal codes compliance.
* Provides oversight for on-site performance of construction projects.
* Reviews and recommends approval of pay applications.
* Reviews and becomes completely familiar with the plans and specifications for each project, has primary responsibility for contract compliance, and provides technical construction analysis for Change Order proposals.
* Participates in the design review process.
* Participates in contractor selection for construction projects.
* Conducts supporting review of contracts and change orders: reviews for validity and negotiates when appropriate, and assists in preparation.
* Ensures that construction managers coordinate the work of the contractor with the activities and policies of the campus.
* Encourages and facilitates close cooperation and coordination between project managers and construction managers on assigned projects.
* Keeps UNT System and individual campus staffs informed of problem situations.
* Trains, monitors, and conducts scheduled evaluations of the work performance of employees supervised.
* Conducts special studies as assigned for evaluation of existing buildings and systems.
* Performs related duties as required or directed.
* Observes safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.