The Engineering Project Manager II is responsible for the execution of one or more complex projects and the effective and efficient management of projects consistent with established guidelines, procedures and systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assumes responsibility for the planning, design, construction and closeout phases of assigned projects.
- Coordinate with stakeholders, consultants, contractors and vendors throughout the project to ensure success.
- Maintain comprehensive project documentations for all Engineering Department activities including contract documents, accounting documents and formal correspondences.
- Oversee departmental spending through generating requisitions and purchase orders, processing invoices and explaining project to Finance Department.
- Prepare, review plans for infrastructure expansions, plant modifications and facility upgrades.
- Performs technical, para-professional engineering work that is carried out in accordance with general instructions and established practices and procedures.
- Coordinates project permitting efforts; ensures all necessary permits have been submitted to appropriate regulatory agencies and remain active during the course of construction.
- Tracks and reports project cost, schedules and status; works to keep projects on time and within budget.
- Oversees construction projects by inspecting the progress and quality of construction. Reviews drawings, submittals and analytical test reports. Assures contractor performance with construction drawings and specifications, as well as AlexRenew procedures and guidelines. Prepares and negotiates change orders. Reviews and approves contractor applications for payment.
- Prepares statements of work for inclusion in requests for proposals and invitations for bid; evaluates proposals and bid documents; prepares recommendations for award; manages professional service contracts.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external agencies.
- Adhere to AlexRenew Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) programs; abiding by the policies, procedures and rules set forth by the programs; active involvement in the programs to assist in providing a safe and healthy workplace for everyone.
- Participate in communications training programs. Shares information as requested about position and tasks with communications team. As requested, participates in various outreach activities, such as career panels and guided tours.
- Understands and weaves our organizational sustainability objectives into daily work and decision making.
- Actively promotes safe behaviors and health awareness at all times in the execution of daily tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, architecture, construction management or related field preferred.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in engineering and project management and/or construction management experience desired.
- Ability to resolve problems using tact and diplomacy.
- Outstanding interpersonal, multitasking, organizational, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Advanced technical knowledge of the MS Office Suite; and ideal candidates are detail-oriented, proactive, adaptable and highly efficient.
- Work cooperatively with others; and work under pressure and/or frequent interruptions.
- PE or RA licensure preferred; PMP or CCM certification desirable.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A detailed Physical Demands Analysis is available in Human Resources and a copy will be provided to all incumbents in this position.
While performing the duties of this job, typical of office work, include lifting up to 10 pounds, and minimal pushing or pulling.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter on an occasional to regular basis while performing the functions of this job. Environmental conditions necessitate following strict safety guidelines and use of Personal Protective Equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee performs work indoors in a climate controlled environment, with some outdoor work required for routine project site visits.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.