A GLIMPSE OF OUR REALITY
We rarely wear suits. We think pop culture is fascinating and newsworthy. We are aware that possibilities are not limited by today’s realities. We know that everyone has good ideas (and the occasional bad one as well). We know that the world is large and varied, and that we touch all of it. We know that most high school guidance counselors don’t know our jobs exist. We know that if this were easy, everyone would be doing it.
We know that there is an eclectic assortment of talented people from various professional backgrounds at the heart of Universal Creative. Our team consists of individuals with experience in Product Design, Animation, Engineering, Film and TV Production, Toy Design, Financial Planning, Construction, Architecture, Law, Business, and Theatre Design, to name a few. In addition, we embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. We are a diverse group, but united by a common goal: to dream and deliver the best possible out-of-home entertainment for people from every walk of life. In order to make that happen, Universal Creative relies on collaboration, hard work, synchronicity, a bit of luck, and a bunch of talented, experienced people who do not let ego and turf stand in the way of brilliance. We depend on a team of people who understand the task, the business implications, and refuse to be defeated by the challenge to fuse fantasy with physics.
- Must have specific development and construction cost management experience, i.e., cost estimating (at all stages of design development, from concept thru construction documents stages), cost forecasting and variance analysis and change order evaluation on multi-million dollar projects, while working either as a consultant, for an owner, or for a design/build contractor.
- Must have experience with mixed-use developments, including hospitality, retail, food & beverage and site work. Theme park experience helpful but not required.
- Candidates must be able to relocate to Orlando, Florida. Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates.
- Generate initial project budget estimates, update estimates during the design phases to ensure the project is tracking on budget. Negotiate the changes to the work during the construction/installation phase, and compile post-mortem cost summaries of the project.
- Generates initial budget estimates for new projects including estimate refinements.
- Develop estimates for all changes to the work during the construction/installation phases.
- Update project estimates throughout the design phases including but not limited to blue sky, concept, schematic, design development and construction document phases. Includes working with project teams in various cities and countries.
- Develop and maintain a database of costs comparison for various attractions and non-attraction facilities.
- Creates “value engineering” components with the project team to mitigate cost overruns. Researches and presents alternate materials or methodology for VE consideration.
- Researches market conditions for cost trends and local means and methods. Develops location cost factors and escalation factors both domestically and internationally.
- Compile overall project summaries on cost at the conclusion of the project.
- Candidates must be able to relocation to Orlando, Florida. Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, quantity surveying or in relevant field required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 15 years cost management/estimating-specific experience.