Lead Data Warehouse Developer
Brown University Computing and Information Services seeks qualified applicants for the position of Lead Data Warehouse Developer. â??The Lead Data Warehouse Developer will join an existing business intelligence team in a newly created position. The team is embarking on an exciting effort to transition from a heterogeneous, largely siloed reporting and analytics environment to a more integrated, robust, and scalable infrastructure. The individual hired to fill this position will lead the design and development of the technical solution as well as train and mentor other developers in the use of data warehousing tools and methodologies.
The successful candidate will possess the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelorâ??s degree preferred.
- Experience designing and building scalable data warehouse solutions.
- Extensive hands-on experience with at least one major enterprise data integration tool, such as Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle Data Integrator, or IBM InfoSphere DataStage.
- Extensive logical and physical data modeling experience.
- Extensive experience with Oracle databases.
- Ability to write efficient and complex SQL.
- Extensive experience in technical roles of increasing responsibility, with at least five yearsâ?? experience in a technology leadership role mentoring and supervising other developers.
- Skill in forming and presenting technology infrastructure recommendations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in requirements gathering.
- Hands-on experience with at least one major BI platform as well as familiarity with emerging data analytics tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse set of colleagues and end users having varied levels of technical proficiency.
- A proactive,analytical bent, with creative and resourceful problem solving ability.
- Strong intrinsic motivation; ability to define and execute own tasks under aggressive project schedule.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologiesÍ¾ excellent collaboration skillsÍ¾ ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with a high level of personal initiative.
- Experience working in a higher education environment strongly preferred but not required.
The Business Intelligence Data Architect will be a full-time Brown employee with benefits. The position is funded for 2 years.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with their applications.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check and education verification.
Recruiting Start Date:2016-11-01-07:00
Job Posting Title:Lead Data Warehouse Developer
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.