This position is covered by the Teamsters Union. Union/Fair share deductions may be made.
Promotional priority for Teamster employees runs from 01/03/2017 through 01/10/2017
Description of Position
The Stores Specialist is a labor represented position that reports to a Supervisor for U Market Services. This is a second shift position.
Positions in this class perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to storing, receiving, issuing, distributing and ordering of materials, equipment and supplies.
50% - Order Filling and Distribution.
- Fills customer orders for supplies, equipment, and materials.
- Picks up, delivers or coordinates primarily inside delivery of a wide variety of materials, equipment, supplies, tools and other packages via a secondary distribution hub model.
20% - Inventory Maintenance.
- Utilizing electronic systems, maintains an inventory as it is issued and replenished.
- May determine need for stock replenishment and order supplies to maintain inventory in warehouse or other designated locations.
- Reports breakage, loss and back orders as appropriate.
15% - Shipping and Receiving.
- Unloads and unpacks deliveries of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Receive, inspect and sign for incoming shipments.
- Check contents against delivery receipts noting size, number, type, condition and other discrepancies; record shortages, overages, or other discrepancies.
- Note and report product quality deficiencies and reject damaged materials as appropriate.
- Coordinates outgoing shipments for the department and the customers the department serves.
5% - Participation in Problem Solving.
- Attains knowledge of and actively participates in the department’s process improvement efforts.
- Provides information, answers questions and resolves problems regarding shipping, receiving and storing of supplies, equipment or materials.
- Utilizes the telephone and/or computer to correspond with others.
5% - Information Systems Usage.
- Accesses information regarding orders, inventory, vendor or product information and related materials via paper copy, computer or other communication and tracking devices.
- Compiles and prints orders from Information System.
- May prepare reports.
5% - Maintenance of inventory locations.
- Arranges storage space. Shelves and stores supplies, equipment and materials.
- Inspects stores regularly and maintains clean and orderly goods.
Work in this classification can include both inside and outside environments. Inside work includes mainly warehouse environments but can also include office, classroom, laboratory and custodial closet locations. Outside work can include exposure to varied weather environments.